Monday, November 26, 2007

Not decaf

I went to a couple of meetings last week at a venue with a coffee machine, serving filtered coffee. I was pleased to see it had sachets of decaf.

The first day, somebody got the coffee for me. Later on I was surprised to find myself surprisingly awake and even hyper. There were also odd spasms in my tongue and that tightening of the throat. And my stiff neck got not better. I wondered whether the person who got the coffee had forgotten I asked for decaf.

A couple of days later I was back at the same venue and got my own coffee using a decaf sachet.Within hours big red spots were erupting on my arms, my vision was going and my left eye felt like it was going to pop out of its socket.

So I wonder whether decaf is always decaf. What quality control is there?

I had to go to a party over the weekend so I took Singulair daily for three days and it's almost cleared up.

No comments: