Friday, August 21, 2009

The Return of the Ring

 It never really went away but I thought it was fading after I gave up blue cheese. This week it has been glowing bright red, one and a half inches across on my shoulder. It also started itching. Now I have been living salicylate-free for several days and also took several montelukasts. But it simply became brighter red.

I used E45 this morning and this has soothed the itching, but not reduced the redness. Having looked up
erythema annulare centrifugum, which is what it appears to be, I had feared it would start sprouting and spreading. Thankfully, there's no sign of that yet.

I can only think it's cheese again. I bought some extra "mild" Smartprice (ie cut-price) cheese from Asda earlier in the week. I thought it was a good way to restore taste to food. I had understood that the penicillin in blue cheese is found in the blue bits - but maybe there's something in the cheap cheese.
 
RAS

No comments: