Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bolognese sauce

 We've just got a juicer - or rather the other half has. It's supposed to aid weight loss as you are meant to chew up all sorts of vegetable matter in it to make juice.

It's certainly high-powered and cleverly designed. It has twin blades and seems to be able to chew up anything into a gritty sort of juice. Unfortunately some of the fresh vegetables you can juice leave a rather bitter taste. That may well aid weight loss as it's a real appetite killer.

So it occurred to me I could use it to make a proper Bolognese sauce to go with my pasta. That is a sauce that  feels like it's been made with tomatoes.

If you remember the story of my pasta sauce, I started by trying to make it like Bolognese. I chopped a range of vegetables - mainly red cabbage and leek - as finely as possible, sometimes adding Golden Delicious apple or banana for a sweet and sour effect.

To do this you have to fry the vegetables before the fish or separately from the mince.

So I've ended up with a delicious pasta sauce containing a variety of vegetable, fruit and fish together with soy sauce. It is delicious but some complain it's a little salty. And it's not Bolognese as the vegetables and fruit are stir fried and not pulped.

So for my first effort with the juicer I didn't use a base oil. I juiced red cabbage, leek, shallot and white cabbage and banana, put it in the pan and added soy sauce and tuna. It was disgusting and there was too much of it. The juicing of vegetables leaves a very bitter and unpalatable taste.

I tried again and this time I fried some sardines first and added the soy sauce first. Then I added the vegetable juice. That tasted a lot better and looked like Bolognese sauce also.

It's still nothing like a substitute sauce yet and I could not serve it to guests and pretend it was Bolognese. Next time I will try apple instead of banana.

That's if there is a next time as this really is not as tasty as what I was doing before with stir fry.

RAS

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Avinash Dwivedi said...

This is really a knowledgeable blog; we were impressed with the quality of your work.
Thanks for the sharing a nice and knowledgeable blog that will guide the world how to Treatment with allergy.

Allergist Astoria

Unknown said...

Great article – Impressive: We think you might be interested to know more about our company. Techno Data Group helps you get your hands on world’s best class customized B2B Contact List, which can make your sales and marketing campaigns cost effective. Achieve Your Marketing Goals and Grow Your Business.
Allergy-Immunology Physician Email List

Alfreed Siang said...

Hello everyone,my name is ALFREED SIANG i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or his whataspp is +2348140654426








Hello everyone,my name is ALFREED SIANG i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or his whataspp is +2348140654426

TORRES MADONA said...

my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426

Sophia Anderson said...

Health is not just physical health, but also mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. An important part of the healing process for me is to be active in HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS education, support and advocacy. I volunteer in a number of HSV organizations, and in particular Positive Women, because the impact of HSV on women is very different than from men. As once a positive person, I will forever be grateful to God Almighty and Doctor OKOUGBE to reach me when i thought it is all over, Today am happy with my family living free after the medical doctor have confirmed my HSV status Negative, I have never in my life believed that HSV could be cured by any herbal medicine, I want to make sure that HSV never happens to anyone else. We can't prevent HSV by punishment, by stigma and discrimination. It's only through building a safe, supportive and caring environment, that positive people still have hope and they should contact Dr Okougbe with this email: drokougbespecialhome@gmail.com so they can once again be visible in our community, to educate and advocate, to take better care of ourselves and our families. We're someone's daughter, partner, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt. When we have HSV, it impacts on our families too. kindly contact him today and leave carefree, on whatsapp +2348119278442 Good luck.

hal said...

Have you tried this sauce: http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com/2012/07/sandras-no-tomato-sauce.html

When I made it I used less sugar and prepared it differently to really amplify all the flavours. I caramelised pears with sugar (and I only used 15 g of sugar). In another pot, I mixed the other ingredients (I grated the carrots so that they would cook quickly) and as soon as the celery softened and started losing colour, I switched off the heat, added the garlic and left it all to cool so that I could blend it. Btw - it's a blender you have, right?